What are Nest Box Records?
- Nest Box Records (click link to see printable form and also see example
below) are running logs you keep for each box in your project.
- They let you see at a glance the history of each nesting attempt in that
particular box from start to finish over the course of a season.
- It helps to keep Nest Box Records in a binder with numbered dividers for each
box. In fact it's a good idea to organize all your project records for a given year
in one binder for easy reference.
Where does Nest Box Record information come from?
- This is data you transfer from Box Check Records onto individual Nest Box
Record sheets, plus any remarks, concerns, or speculations you have
regarding that particular nesting attempt.
- The Nest Box Record displayed here includes fields for adult age and color, and
for adult and nestling banding data. A simpler printable version is also available.
Learn About Birds at Tree Swallow Nest Box Projects